Thursday, November 5, 2009

World's 2nd longest beach: Marina Beach (Chennai)


Besides blogging about food, this blog is dedicated to travelling as well. I love to travel. Occasionally, I get to travel around due to some work trips.

A few months ago, I was privileged to set onto the sandy ground of World's 2nd Longest Beach: Marina Beach (approximately 12km long), Chennai. It is this place that suffered the worst of tsunami in 26th Dec 2004. My heart goes out to the families who suffered in this terrible disaster.

chennai_03
TUTU

The above is a common form of transport locally where i can see a family of 6-8 squeezing in such a small vehicle. I can't remember what the local called it. But in Thailand, it is known as "TUTU".

chennai_01
Fishing Boat
Many local living near to the sea depends on it for a living.

chennai_02

Due to my tight work schedule, I don't really have the time to tour in Chennai. I only manage to take the above snapshots on the day I was flying back to Singapore.

No comments: